Kaiserschmarrn from the Thermomix
This dish is a real classic of Austrian cuisine. When you eat Kaiserschmarrn from the Thermomix, your mind will quickly transport you to a mountain hut while skiing or think back to your last holiday in the Alps. The Schmarrn is delicious, easy to prepare and the crowning finale are the raisins, the applesauce and of course the powdered sugar. The Kaiserschmarrn according to the Thermomix recipe guarantees that the desired success will be achieved even the first time.
Which Thermomix can you use to prepare Kaiserschmarrn?
The Thermomix Kaiserschmarrn is in no way inferior to the original because the latest versions of your kitchen helper, the TM31, the TM5 and the TM6, ensure that the result is wonderfully airy and simply incomparably tasty. The Kaiserschmarrn from the Thermomix always tastes good, regardless of whether you serve it as a dessert or, in the classic way, as a sweet main course.
How much does Kaiserschmarrn cost with the Thermomix?
The Kaiserschmarrn from the Thermomix becomes really tasty if you pay particular attention to the quality of the ingredients used. Use real butter and use eggs from the region, preferably from the farmer around the corner. This guarantees you a full taste and the beautiful yellow color of the Schmarrn. In addition to the egg yolk and the egg whites, the flour and raisins naturally play an important role. If you're not sure what you should use, feel free to experiment a little; the Kaiserschmarrn from the Thermomix is guaranteed to always be eaten.
If you want to prepare a portion for four busy eaters, expect it to cost around five euros. Today the pastry may be a typical delicacy, but when it was invented, the sweet and airy temptation was an important part of the poorer cuisine of the former Austrian Empire.
Simply copied: the Kaiserschmarrn Thermomix recipe
This dish has undergone many variations and changes due to its long history. Rumors keep cropping up that Kaiserschmarrn is even served with salad. The classic doesn't rely on such bells and whistles - the baking, the ingredients, the perfect bite-sized pieces prepared at ideal medium heat - these are the elements that play a key role. Simply delicious!
You need these ingredients for the Kaiserschmarrn Thermomix recipe:
- 160g sugar
- 6 eggs, size L
- 1 pinch of salt
- 360g milk
- 190g flour
- 70 g rum raisins (homemade, soak in brown rum overnight)
- Clarified butter or butter for the pan
Using the Thermomix to make Kaiserschmarrn
- Powder half the sugar in the mixing bowl for 10 seconds on speed 10. You will need it later.
- Insert the mixer attachment and add the egg whites and salt to the mixing bowl. Now beat the mixture on speed 3 for 3 minutes until it becomes ice cream. Then pour into a separate bowl.
- After removing the mixing attachment, add all remaining ingredients except raisins to the mixing bowl and mix on speed 4 for 30 seconds.
- Now gently fold in the egg whites with the spatula. Less is more here!
- Put the mixture in a hot pan with enough butter or clarified butter and sprinkle it with the rum raisins. As soon as the dough has set, turn it over and divide it into bite-sized, not too small pieces that you fry for a few minutes. Then serve hot and sprinkle plenty of powdered sugar on the plate.
Miracle mix - this will make you feel like an emperor too
Wundermix is the best choice for your kitchen experience. We offer powerful equipment for the cooking experience such as the Thermomix spatula , the Thermomix® Varoma and also Monsieur Cuisine Connect accessories . You can find more delicious Thermomix recipes - whether online or with our Thermomix recipe books - from kitchens around the world at Wundermix. Just look around and let yourself be inspired by the diversity and great wealth of ideas.