The perfect potato dumpling recipe for your Thermomix
They soak up the sauce and for some people even taste good cold. We're talking about the Thermomix potato dumplings. The following recipe will give you eight medium-sized dumplings. If that's not enough, simply double the listed ingredients and ensure that every hungry eater can eat their fill of the Thermomix potato dumplings.
- 800 g floury potatoes with skin on
- 700g water
- 1 egg yolk
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp softened butter
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 100 g potato flour
The potato dumplings and the Thermomix: that's how it works
When processing the potatoes for the potato dumplings from the Thermomix, a lot revolves around the right temperature. You make your work much easier by cooking the potatoes the day before.
- Put the water and 1 teaspoon of salt in the mixing bowl, put the Varoma container on and cook for 40 minutes/Varoma/level 1. Check whether the potatoes are cooked by checking.
- Allow the cooked potatoes to cool briefly and then peel them while they are still warm. Then press them with a potato press and leave the mixture for the Thermomix potato dumplings to stand overnight.
- The next day, mix the potato mixture with the remaining salt, egg yolk, butter, nutmeg and potato flour and mix for 1 minute/dough setting.
- With slightly moistened hands, shape the potato dumplings into the desired size and let them simmer in salted water in a pot on the stove for 20 minutes. Make sure that the water does not boil. As soon as the Thermomix potato dumplings float to the top, they are ready. Serve them as hot as possible.
Which Thermomix is suitable for potato dumplings?
Due to their dimensions and numerous practical functions, the TM5 and TM6 models prove to be the best for implementing the potato dumpling recipe from the Thermomix.
How much will potato dumplings with the Thermomix cost your wallet?
From a historical perspective, the popularity of potato dumplings results from the availability of the tuber. Even today, the potato dumplings from the Thermomix are one of the cheapest side dishes. For eight pieces you will be charged between 2.50 and 3.00 euros.
Wundermix: Whether salads or dumplings - we know our way around your Thermomix
At Wundermix you not only learn how to prepare potato dumplings with your Thermomix, but you also learn many other tricks. Take a look around the large range and be inspired by the selection of first-class Thermomix recipe books and our Thermomix recipes . At Wundermix you will also find innovative accessories such as the Varoma of the Thermomix or the Thermomix spatula , with which you can further expand the already impressive range of functions of your Thermomix. The ingredients that are also available prove to be particularly practical, with which you can try out new recipes and exotic variants from cuisines around the world in no time. We operate kitchen machines holistically - for example with Monsieur Cuisine Connect accessories .