Every now and then you might want to have a dish that is light. And that in two ways: on the one hand, easy to prepare and, on the other hand, generally not that rich. We want to show you one of these today: The salmon is marinated a little and gently cooked together with Brussels sprouts. The cottage cheese is deliciously dressed and a delicious snack is ready. The quantities we are giving you now are enough either as a main course for one person or as a starter for two people.
- approx. 160g salmon fillet
- 1 dash of lemon juice
- Salt (we had a delicious onion salt)
- 1 sprig of thyme
- a handful of Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 200g cottage cheese
- 2 tsp chives, finely chopped
- a pinch of Piment d'Espelette
1. First line the flat Varoma insert with cooking paper (we use our ThermiGar cooking paper cuts). Salt the salmon, place it on top and drizzle with lemon juice. Finally place the thyme on top. Now spread the Brussels sprouts around it and also add salt. Add 500ml water to the mixing bowl, put the Varoma on top and cook the salmon and Brussels sprouts for 15 minutes on Varoma level 1.
2. In the meantime, season the cottage cheese with chives, salt, pepper and Piment d'Espelette and distribute it on the plates. Then just cut the cooked salmon and arrange it on the cottage cheese together with the Brussels sprouts. As a little icing on the cake, peel off the thyme leaves and add them too.
Have fun cooking!
Your Wundermix team