Which Thermomix is suitable for preparing nut wedges?
The Thermomix nut wedges bake in the oven, giving them their unmistakable taste. Your Thermomix will do the rest of the nut corner recipe for you. So that the results are right and you are guaranteed to convince every sweet tooth of your baking skills, it is best to use the TM6, TM5 or TM31 models from the Thermomix line.
How much does it cost me to prepare nut wedges with the Thermomix?
The Thermomix nut wedges and their delicate taste depend on the quality of the nuts used. A nut tastes best when it was recently harvested and you only remove it from its shell shortly before baking. You can find chopped almonds or whole almonds, a portion of hazelnuts and the matching chocolate in a sufficiently high quality in a well-stocked supermarket. Expect it to cost around five euros.
Don't offend: our nut corner recipe for your Thermomix
The nut wedges according to the Thermomix recipe consist of two parts: the shortcrust pastry and the nut mixture. If your oven is already preheated and the baking tray with baking paper is ready, you can start making the Thermomix nut wedges straight away. You need these ingredients:
- 200 g walnut kernels
- 200 g almonds (peeled)
- 300g flour
- 300g sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (L)
- 120 g apricot jam
- 370g butter
- 2 packets of real vanilla sugar
- 1 -2 tbsp almond liqueur
- 50g water
- 1 pack of couverture (whole milk or dark)
Quickly make nut wedges from the Thermomix
- First put the almonds in the mixing bowl and chop them for a maximum of 5 seconds at level 6. Then repeat this step with the walnuts and mix the nuts
- Mix the flour, 100 g sugar, 1 packet of vanilla sugar, the baking powder, 160 g butter and the eggs in the mixing bowl for 30 seconds on level 4.
- Now roll out the resulting dough on baking paper. Be guided by the size of the baking tray.
- Now mix the almond liqueur and the jam in the mixing bowl for 5 seconds on level 3 and spread the mixture evenly and thinly over the dough.
- Now preheat the oven to 180 °C (top and bottom heat).
- Now put the rest of the butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and water into the mixing bowl and heat the mixture for 5 minutes at 90 °C on level 1.
- Add the chopped nuts during the last 20 seconds.
- Then spread the nut mixture on the dough and bake the nut wedges from the Thermomix for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the nut corners into triangles while they are still warm and then let them cool down.
- In the cleaned mixing bowl, melt the chocolate coating for 5 minutes at 60 °C on level 1. Then dip the ends of the cold nut wedges into it.
Wundermix has the right recipe for you
You can find out what else you can do with hazelnuts and how best to use brown sugar in your recipes in Wundermix's large recipe portfolio. Be inspired by recipes from all over the world and make the best possible use of the many properties of your Thermomix.