Today we have a delicious classic for you: tarte flambée. The dough is ready in no time and doesn't need to rise, just rest for half an hour. The accompanying topping is quickly mixed together or chopped and as soon as the oven is hot, the tarte flambées can be put in.
Ingredients for 4 medium sized tarte flambées:
- 250g spelled flour, type 630
- 100ml water, lukewarm
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 35ml olive oil
- 300g leek
- 175g smoked bacon, diced
- 200g sour cream
- 250g crème fraîche
- salt and pepper
1. First put all the dough ingredients into the mixing bowl and knead on the dough kneading setting for 30 seconds. Take the finished dough out of the mixing bowl (we also like to use the dough twister ) and wrap it in cling film and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 250°C top and bottom heat.
3. Mix the sour cream and crème fraîche together and season well with salt and pepper. Clean and wash the leek and cut it into fine strips.
4. When the dough has rested sufficiently and the oven is hot, let's get started: Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and roll out very thinly on a floured work surface. Now simply spread the sour cream and crème fraîche mixture on top, spread the leek and bacon and then bake on the lowest rack for 10 to 12 minutes.
Of course you can also top the tarte flambée differently. Simply being creative and trying things out is the order of the day here. :)
Have fun baking!
Your Wundermix team